Sunday, May 8, 2011

What a Great Mother's Day!

                   Happy Mother's Day to ALL Mother's!! Mother's Day isn't even over yet and I have had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. My wonderful hubby has been spoiling me rotten. And it hasn't even been just today. My fun started Friday.

My garage sale loot

                   Friday I went to a garage sale and got 125 pieces of clothing (name brands in excellent condition), 14 kids story books, and a real Eureka 4-in-1 multi purpose vacuum cleaner for Sagan. It works great and Sagan loves to help me vacuum and now he can help for real. The total was $15.50!  Most of he clothing items were only $ .10 each. The vacuum was $1!  Saturday I went back to the same garage sale and got 17 more clothing items (mostly jeans) and 8 more books for $13.30. I ended up with 142 garments, 22 books and the vacuum for the grand total of only $28.80!! Most of the clothes were Ayla's size and what doesn't fit her or she can't grow into, I can eBay. I LOVE garage sales! And later that evening my honey took me out to Asian Buffet for dinner. I LOVE my sushi!

My little Helper

                   In addition to getting to enjoy a good garage sale Saturday, The kids, husband and I went to our towns annual Old Time Fair. We didn't do much but walk around and look at the items each booth had for sale but it was still fun. The kids wanted to play on some blow up rides they had but we decided $10 a child was too much. Especially if Sagan couldn't play on any but 1 or 2. And there were alot of big kids. So we went home and set up the pool, our own jump-o-line, and the kids tent. Then we went to lunch at Dairy Queen. (I haven't cooked a meal since lunch Friday.)

My shopping rewards

                   Later that afternoon, I got my hair cut and actually got a style (one that I always revert back to because it suits me). I had considered going shoulder length but chickened out. They say people look younger with shorter hair styles and it is so true. I look like a little girl with short hair. So, I opted to keep my length and go for what I know works for me. I LOVE it! Then I went shopping and the hubby said he didn't know what to get me for Mother's Day so treat myself, so I did. I found 6 tops (on sale no less) at Rue 21. I don't usually like their stuff but actually found quite a few things I liked this time. Then I stepped next door to my favorite store to shop for clothes, Maurices! I intended to go there first but since I spent a bit at Rue 21 had to watch myself at Maurices. I found 3 tanks (on sale) and a great cream vest. I didn't go in looking for the sales, they just found me. :-) The best part of the afternoon was that I got to do it all without the children. I went home and again didn't have to cook. The hubby made me a bowl of cereal. (I like cereal.)
                   Sunday morning Rene made breakfast and cleaned up after! What a great hubby!
My new hair cut and two new tops

Then after a leisurely morning doing a few chores like laundry (laundry waits for no man. It just keeps getting bigger if not attended to) and tiding up I went to Walmart, again without the children, to do a little grocery shopping. I took a detour before heading to Walmart and stopped off at Rue 21 again to pick up a purse I had seen but didn't get the day before. I left with 3 more blouses, 2 t-shirts ($3 each) and a canary yellow purse. (They have a cute matching wallet I think I will have to go back for later.) All items on sale!


                After getting home and putting away the groceries I met the family over at the folks house (grandmas and grandpas). Again I didn't have to cook! Mom made Tacos. They were great! Thank you mom!! Now that the kids are in bed and it's quiet, I think I'll play my new mystery game app I got for my iPad and close out a wonderful weekend.
                I hope all you moms out there had just as good a Mother's Day as I had!! Again, Happy Mother's Day!! You deserve it!

1 comment:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

WOW! You really DID rock the weekend! Totally!