Saturday, May 21, 2011

We went "Camping"!

                       We (Rene, Sagan, Ayla, the folks and I) went "camping". If you can call what we did camping. The folks (Rene's parents) bought a pop up camper about a year ago and refused to use it without us, so we finally said "Let's do it".   
                    First the sleeping and bathroom situation was a pain in the bum!  I am not using a toilet with just a curtain around it just 1 foot away from where the folks are sleeping! So I had to wake Rene up in the middle of the night (just one beer will do that to you) and he and I had to walk across the grounds about 200 feet or more to go use the public toilets (which were very clean) and then back again. As for sleeping, the darn night light the folks needed to see when they got up to use the bathroom was down at the other end of the camper by our bed and was shining in my eyes all night long. It turned out to be very cold that night and we didn't bring enough blankets, so I was freezing! The camper has built in heaters under the mattresses that Rene turned on and warmed us up, but half way through the night I started feeling like a slice of bacon sizzling in a pan. And I woke up every time someone got up to use the bathroom. Even Dad wouldn't use the camper toilet and would get in his truck and drive over to the public toilets. Loud truck.  
                  Other then that it wasn't all bad, even with all my complaints. I got to relax a little and play games on my iPad (no one would play any board games with me) and we had 'KINGS INN' for dinner. If you don't live around here, 'Kings Inn' is a great seafood restaurant. They have this horseradish sauce that is just fantastic! And the firmest tomatoes to put the sauce on! Excellent salad and wonderful fried shrimp and fish. I'm getting hungry just writing about it!

My ping pong hubby

Sagan with his prize

                   Rene and I also got to play some Pool and Ping Pong! I haven't played pool in about 5 years! I love to play pool, so that is truly sad. And I have never played ping pong before. I wasn't very good but it sure was fun! Even Sagan "played" a little pool. He had a great time putting the balls in the pockets and watching them roll back to him. Ayla didn't want to come.

Sagan "playing" pool

Me playing pool!

                   Sagan and I had a birthday party of a friends little boy to go to. He had just turned 3 and Sagan and he are best buds. So we left just a few hours after getting to the camp site and drove back home and went to his party. It was dinosaur themed and the kids had a great time. Sagan won a stuffed triceratops and has been sleeping with it ever since.

Sagan's dino nose from party

                  The place we stayed is called 'Sea Wind'. It is gated and very clean. Only $25 a night and it has a game room (hence the pool table and ping pong table), a rec hall (perfect for a family reunion or wedding which was held while we were there), a skeet shooting range, a pond, a laundry mat, horse shoes, and lots of other fun stuff. So, yeah, I think I could go back there to "Camp" out.




Enjoying grandpa's watermelon



Ayla playing iPod

                 

Sagan pretending that this chair is a camera and is "taking" pictures of us. What an imagination!







No comments: