Sunday, April 3, 2011

Roasting Wienies and Making Smores

              I'm always  on the lookout for some fun activity the family can do together and this time I thought "Why not have a wienie roast and make Smores?" I had brought the idea up to the kids a week before and they couldn't wait for Friday to get here.  The Hubby got the fire going in the fire pit, while I got the food items together. I'll tell you, the kids had the BEST time! And this was a SUPER EASY and quick dinner. We had all beef hot dogs on buns and Doritos and then for dessert we made Smores. It is definitely not the healthiest dinner but certainly the most fun dinner we have had in a while.

"MMM GOOD!"

"I can do it by myself!"


              Ayla thanked us again and again saying "This was so fun! Thank you! Can we do it again soon?!?" Sagan had a blast being allowed to roast his own hot dog and marshmallow. Molly hated the whole expeirience because she had to be chained up (she's too hyper so she wouldn't be safe around the fire pit and was too tempting with all the goodies out on the table). She did get me feeling sorry for her so I gave her a little piece of hot dog to console her.
              I think this type of dinner would be fun for a get together. And we will be doing this again. Only next time it might be fun to find some good sticks to wittle into points for the hot dogs and marshmallows to roast on instead of the one roasting skewer. That way noone has to wait their turn.

Oh, clean up was a breeze! So fun and soooo relaxing!
           
<><><> 
<>
<><><> 
"Got to get it just right!"

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Love your blog! It looks great - you're already a pro less that a week into it. Congrats! The cookout looks like loads of fun.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

What fun! Daddy says you need a forked switch. He cut some from the trees when we were in AR and they worked fabo!

Well have to invite ourselves over next time :-P