Monday, May 9, 2011

Treasure Your True Treasures

          I watched the news this morning. I usually don't get to watch the news. I am too busy in the mornings before Sagan gets up and then after he's up it goes to child appropriate viewing. Watching the news just reminded me of just how lucky I am. I actually try to remind myself what is truly important everyday. But sometimes it hits home more then others. Watching the news really made it hit home today.
           With the flooding in Mississippi and so many people having to abandon their homes, the first full face transplant in America to a man who got his whole face burned off in an electrical  accident where he worked two years earlier  http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ , all the
tornadoes hitting the east coast and all the people loosing not only their homes but loved ones as well, the terrible earthquakes in Japan and all that devastation and all the acts of violence that surrounds us everyday it shouldn't be hard, at all, to realize what is truly important.
            Life truly is too short. You never know just how much time you have, so enjoy every minute of it. Show your children how much you love them. Spend some extra quality time with them. If they have been extra naughty, take a pause and rethink the punishment. Have some friends over and play some board games. Throw a party. Tell those you love, you love them. Take a deep breath and feel how good it feels to breath. Enjoy a sunset, a sunrise.  "Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" As Auntie Mame would say http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi4218159129/ .
My handsome little man

getting along



Molly


Friends

 
Like father, like daughter


Cheetah

              So look at all you have and be thankful. Take a few moments and don't worry about the bills, the chores or any of the other numerous worries we have these days and just be thankful for what really matters. Treasure the true treasures!!

(I would put up a picture of all my friends, family and the kids at school if there were enough space. I treasure each and everyone! I am a truly lucky person!!)