Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mother Natures' Cruelty - CWCG #2

The words for glass halffull gals's CWCG #2 are:

Eyebrow - the bony arch over each eye or the hair growing on this
Disharmony - discord, absence of harmony
Frailty - being frail, a moral weakness
Intransigent - refusing to compromise
Thesis - a proposition to be defended in an argument; a long research paper written by 
                 a candidate for a masters degree

Theme: weather

Picture:


I know this was supposed to be done April 29th, but better late then never. This is my first poem writing attempt in years. Here is my Poem. (Please be gentle.)

Mother Natures' Cruelty


Mother Natures' frailty is evident
With every baby that is born,
She can be ever so gentle
Like a bird in the hand.

When I think of Her
I think of rebirth,
Flowers of beauty
The color green across the land.

Her power is just as apparent
Out of nowhere causing disharmony,
Her weather completely intransigent,
Giving little warning.

Tornadoes tearing up the land
Destroying everything in their path,
Hail smashing and bruising 
Nothing the same in the morning.

Rain pouring down and  flooding
All Her creations drowning,
Wind blowing and crashing
Destruction all around.

Snow storms freezing
The cold cutting,
Thunder booming and lightening flashing
Fires blazing on the ground.

Some are raising an eyebrow 
To this thesis I make,
It's hard to accept the truth
Even when it's right in your face.
Mother nature can be very cruel
She can take away her gifts, 
But She can also give
With gentleness and grace.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you participated! And you have a lot of guts writing a poem (which is something I stink at). Keep playing!

Alice said...

Thank you Lis! I appreciate that. :-)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Blogger ate my comment from earlier; Great PLAY! Wasn't it fun!

I'll get working on the words for the CWCG #3 asap. Hopefully, this afternoon/evening I'll have it posted!